Thursday, October 14, 2010

This Mornings "Good Morning"

Written by Mumma:

This morning I went into Ayda's room to wake her up and get her going. She heard me walk in to her room, but she was squinting her eyes shut so that I would think she was still sleeping.

I lifted the shade on her window and then went to sit down next to her on her bed.

"Good morning Pumpkin," I said.

She sllllooowly opened her eyes and whispered, "Mama, I had a dream!"

"Oh really? What was it about?" I was thinking that she was pulling my leg and was going to come up with some fantastic story.

But this is what I got instead- and it's just simple enough to believe that she really DID dream it.

"I dreamed that I had a cat... with a biiiiiiggg...." I tried to help her with this, and offered "belly?"

"No. With a big butt,"


"Oh, (this sounded pretty typical Ayda) and this was YOUR cat?"

"Yes, and he stepped on my finger," and she sticks our her finger to show me, like it's going to have this big injury on it, or something.

So I examine it, "Did it hurt?" I asked.

She wrinkled up her brow and stuck out her lip and shook her head 'yes'.

"But it was just a dream, how could it have hurt you?"

"Because his paws were SO BIG!"

"Hmmm, interesting"

"Is Grandma here?"

My Mom calls Ayda a flea- can you see why now?

**Mumma.

No comments: