Thursday, January 29, 2009

'Ponies!'

For the past couple weeks, Ayda has been obsessed with 'ponies'. Ponies, for those of you who do not speak toddler, can mean one of two things. Most commonly it refers to some sort of hair-do that involves pig-tails or a pony-tail. But it can also refer to hair elastics, bobby pins, or barrettes... it's any one's guess which one she's talking about at any given moment.
Lately I've been tempting her to get going in the morning by asking her if she wants 'ponies', and would she like one, or two? We think about this while we get dressed. To be honest, I'm not sure how much longer she'll play along with this little game, but it's working for now so I go with it.
This morning was especially trying and the promise of ponies lead us to the bathroom.
'One pony!' she said to me.
One swipe of the comb and Ayda was over it... and so was Mommy. To squelch the impending fit I let her wear a hat my friend Suzi gave to me recently, and if nothing else, it made for a cute picture or two.

** thanks for saving the day Suzi!

-jenn

1 comment:

Mimi said...

her eyes are gray like yours! "ponies" and "toenies" sound an awful lot alike....