Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July everyone! We sure had a busy day on Friday. We got up really early so that we could head down to Bar Harbor with Nana and Papa to catch the parade! Poor Nana was so tired, she slept the whole way down.
Once we got there we parked in the 'secret' parking area and took off to find a good spot to watch the parade.
I got the best seat in the house...


I really liked the parade floats and music. People were throwing candy at me... but Mama and Daddy wouldn't let me have any! What a tease! Life just isn't fair.

After the parade we walked down to the ball field for the Seafood Festival. They were serving up lobsters and mussels with corn and chips! Nana stood in line FOREVER to get her lobster! The rest of us had hot dogs and french fries while we waited for her... yum. When she finally made it back to the table, she shared her corn with me! It's my new favorite thing about summer- I just can't get enough!



We also got a chance to check out the rocky beach. Daddy helped me walk along the tricky rocks. I'll be doing it all by myself before you know it!



Mama and I drew some pretty pictures with stones while Nana hunted for some crabs. She found some, but I wasn't about to touch those little buggers! Doesn't she know they pinch!?



We headed home before fireworks because we were all TOO TIRED to hang around Bar Harbor any longer! Everyone wanted to go out to dinner... except for me! We stopped on the way home, but guess what? If I didn't want to be there, NOBODY was gonna enjoy their meal! So we took our meal to go :) Once again, this baby prevails!

xoxo Ayda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all had a very nice day in Bar Harbor!!
A. Sal

Anonymous said...

what a snappy dresser! nana (the designer) should go into business...