Monday, December 29, 2008

What Ayda should have gotten for Christmas...

Nana brought a big dry erase board home from school for some Christmas Eve Win, Lose, or Draw. No one had more fun with it than Miss Thing. She loves to "paint" on it and is creative for long stretches of time. She does like to have someone to paint with, so she orders someone to "sit" next to her. For some reason if Papa paints with her she draws over whatever he is drawing and ruins it. Poor Papa!


The other night I was sitting with her and decided to see how smart she really is. I started drawing cartoon figures of animals on the board and asking her what they were. She got every single one. Sometimes she would make the animal sound rather than name them, but any baby who can tell my pig from my cat is a genius in my book.

I even drew a foot with "tonies" -- Ayda's word for toenails -- and Jennie told her to "paint in the toenies" and she did. Every single tonie. Guess I know what to get her for her birthday....

Mimi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what? tonies? she already has ten of them!

:) mama