Monday, December 8, 2008

Turkey Day in New York

It's becoming a bit of a tradition for Mama, Daddy, and I to travel to New York for Thanksgiving, which is fine by me! We have so much fun there! We stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Sonnenberg. Aunt Lisa made it home too! I didn't really remember everyone too well, but you know me, once I felt comfortable enough I really worked the room.

This is a picture of a whole bunch of us at Aunt Sandy and Uncle Joe's house. I'm playing with Daddy's uncle Don... I guess that makes him my 'great uncle', right? Well, I think he's pretty 'great' either way. I don't know why Auntie Lisa says he's so scary.


We had our big Thanksgiving dinner at great grandma Dywinski's.... oh boy was it delicious. Not that I sat at the table very long to taste much of it- but I got the important stuff down, like pie :)


I also got to play with my cousin Christian. I liked him, but I'm not too sure he felt the same about me. What's a social butterfly got to do to get the strong, silent type to notice her? I tried lots of things, but finally decided that sharing plastic sheep might be the way to go. It worked... for a minute. Maybe next year.


The best part of the trip may have been meeting my new cousin Morgan. She was only a week and a half old! I was a little 'ify' about not being the baby anymore... but she was so smooshy and cute I got over it.
Mama said I couldn't hold her, but she let me cuddle a little. I loved to touch and hold her little baby hands.



All and all our trip was pretty eventful. I hope we get to do it next year too!

xoxo Ayda Sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your pink party dress, ayda, but what is wrong with it in the sheep sharing picture? it looks like you're hiding an apple in it!

Anonymous said...

i think the dress thing is b/c mama got an action shot :)