Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Funny Things Are Said, These Days.

So I've realized that Ayda has reached the age where she can embarrass me in public with quirky little comments... sigh.
Every mother has a horror story or two of the dreadful thing(s) their child has said to a complete stranger(just ask Nana)- my time is coming, or has it already arrived?

Here are a few funny, adorable, totally embarrassing, things that have come out of Ayda Sue's little mouth lately:

After I put in a funny pony that kinda stuck up- "Mama, I'm a parrot! Caw! Caw!"

While grocery shopping: Ayda- "Mama! That lady is BIG!"
Me- "Ayda, that's not nice. We don't talk about other people and point,"
Ayda- "No Mama... she has a baby in her belly!" (This poor woman did NOT have a baby in her belly)

Every night for the past 2 weeks: "Santa's comin'... TONIGHT!"

While shopping with Nana and Papa, Ayda spotted a lady wearing a long black coat, with her hands in her pockets, walking a little strangely:
Ayda- "Papa, I see a penguin!" Papa- "Where?! I don't see any penguins anywhere." Ayda- "Yes Papa, right there!" Papa wasn't sure if the lady heard, he was too busy walking furiously in the opposite direction.

After tucking her in one night Ayda said this to me in her sweetest sing-songy voice: "Mama- my butt is warm and safe,"

Painting: Papa- "Don't even THINK about painting on that sweater!" Ayda, head in hands- "Good gosh!"

I'm sure there are a million more that I've temporarily forgotten about- and I'm sure there are going to be a million more!

I keep telling myself that 2 years old is FUN... right? RIGHT?

-Mama


3 comments:

aunt mimi said...

i love the "i'm a parrot caw caw!" one. I hadn't heard that before.

This list is only going to GROW! I love it when we call ayda something like monkey or sweet pea and she says "i'm not a sweet pea...i'm ayda!"

i wish you could have seen her try to wink last night. omg funny.

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories of when Jenn and Mel were that age! ;-}
Aunt Sal

Anonymous said...

Actually, Ayda IS a little parrot!!
Aunt Sal