Monday, April 20, 2009

Off to the races!

On Saturday Mama, Mimi, and I went to the Kenduskeag Canoe Race! We met Mimi at her house and took a nice walk down to the river to have a picnic lunch- it was so nice and sunny out!
There were lots of people out to watch the boats go down the river, and you know what else? A moose. Mama and Mimi didn't believe me when I shouted, "Moose! Moose!" but I wouldn't lie about something as important as that! Mama said we could stop and see him AFTER our picnic. Needless to say, I really scarfed down my PB&J.

This is me giving Bucky the Moose a high five. Shortly after this, he hit me in the head (by accident) and I fell to pieces in Mamas arms. I think he felt really bad, but it scared me! Mama looked worried that I was crying, so I've been reassuring her since Saturday night that the moose was sorry.

We didn't really get to see too many boats, but I was pretty good at pointing them out to Mimi and Mama- see?


We had a good day by the water. I even took hoof along for the ride.

Afterwards we went to get ice cream sandwiches and brought one over to Grandma. I think she liked it... but we were both ready for a nap! Me and Grandma have so much in common :)

xoxo
Ayda Sue

4 comments:

Mimi said...

I look like i'm smelling something foul....did the hoof step in some poo?

Anonymous said...

Those shots are too cute!

Anonymous said...

I think you both look very cute.
Aunt Sal

Mimi said...

both meaning ayda and hoof....