Wednesday, May 28, 2008

6 Tasty Little Friends...

Mommy and Daddy got me some new friends!
On Thursday, Daddy and I went and picked up 6 Cornish Cross chicks. We've been waiting FOREVER for them, so I was pretty excited to go and get them. We're still waiting for our layers to come... they weren't quite ready to leave their Momma yet. I can't blame them, I guess. These little guys won't be around for too long, unfortunately for them. But I bet they're gonna be tasty!

Here's a picture of the chicks in their temporary home... why won't they let me sqeeeeze them?! I can hardly stand it!



Nana helped me name these little guys. The big one in the front is Ala King. The one closest to my hand is N'dumpling. The two in the back are Sweet and Sour (Sour's actually quite nice, by the way) and the one to Ala King's right, is Soup. You can't see Marsala because she's hiding behind Ala King- she's pretty camera shy.

I wanted to get a closer look at Soup, so Nana tried to hold him... he's so flappy!
I think it's so funny to hear the chicks peep! Peep, peep, peep! All day long!



Daddy is almost done building the chicken coop he and Grandpa Sonnenberg started at the beginning of the month. He calls it the Chicken Palace-
I call it F-U-N! I can't wait to lift the hatch to the nest boxes and find some eggs... yuuummm.

xoxo Ayda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh ayda! you are such a big girl! i love the names of your chicks. i want to squeeze them, too!
xoxo
aunt mimi

Anonymous said...

I wish you would not eat the Chick-hens.