Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Flower Girl

Did you know that I am going to be a flower girl in Mimi and Shane's wedding? Well I am. And so is Shane's niece, Rianna. Mimi and I had a date on Friday night and we went to look a dresses. I picked out this one...but Mimi wasn't too keen on the sequins....

I tried on another one that she had picked out, but it was soooooo boring. Everyone told me how cute I was but I told Mimi that I felt ugly.

So the next day, Mimi and I went back to the store with Mama and Nana in tow. They picked out this dress....


But I still liked the other one! No one was listening to me! I thought it was terribly unfair but Mama did have a good point....we needed to find a dress in both MY size AND Rianna's size....and the one with the pearls fit the bill. The hat? Not so much. It was just for trying on.

I felt bad that I pitched a fit in front of Mimi -- it is her wedding after all. I said to Mama when we got back in the car "I'm sorry I said those rude things about that dress. I'll wear it." Then I apologized to Mimi too. I am a big girl after all. And when I tried the dress on for Papa he told me I looked like a princess...which is what I'm going for so I was pretty happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayda Sue,
BOTH dresses are beautiful on you, but the one with the pearls DOES look like a princess dress! I am really looking forward to seeing you and Mimi and Shane all at the wedding! It's soooo exciting, isn't it???!!

A said...

Ayda, you are putting Kate Middleton to SHAME!