Saturday, January 8, 2011

These boots were made for SKIING!

Guess what I did this week?!
I went skiing!!



Mumma and Daddy decided that I should take my very first ski lesson --with Miss. Judy-- this week while we were at Papa's cabin in Rangeley.



I was pretty excited, but Mumma thought she'd sweeten the deal a little (and I'm glad she did) by telling me if my teacher said I did a good job during my 2 hour lesson, I'd be allowed to go in the FABULOUS playroom at the lodge for an hour the next day.

I tried my very hardest to have a good ski lesson, but is was soooo cold out!



Miss Judy and I went inside a couple times to warm up in between runs. I lasted an hour and a half, but then I told Miss. Judy that my toes were cold and that I was starting to cry... so we headed in for the last time.



I cried alot once I was finally inside and told Mumma I was ready to go home and take a nappy. Nana convinced me to stick around for lunch and after I warmed up and had a little food in my belly, I decided I could go out and ski with Mumma and Daddy for a little bit to show them what I learned.



It was a minor disaster and all I have to show for it is this bruise on my cheek!



Mumma is NO Miss Judy.

All in all, we survived the day- and more importantly, I got to go to the PLAYROOM the next day!



Woo hoo!

xoxo Picabo Sonnenberg


(Ayda did say, later, that she had a good time skiing and would try it again. Maybe we'll aim for some SPRING skiing!) - Mumma

No comments: