Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A conversation about groundhogs


By Mimi


I have a big problem at my house -- three HUGE groundhogs have made their home under my gardening shed. I knew Ayda would probably have an interesting solution...

Me: Ayda, I have a big problem and I need your help.
Ayda: What's the problem Melanie?

M: Well, I have three HUGE groundhogs living under my gardening shed.
A: Oh my gosh!
M: I know! What do I do about them?
A: We can catch them in my net! (Ayda is running around with a butterfly net).
M: Good idea! Where do we put them?
A: I don't know.
M: How about we bring 'em to your house?
A: Oh no! We can't put 'em there. They'll crawl all over EVERYTHING! And we've got stuff growin' in our patches and they'll eat it all up!
M: Well, where should we put them then?
A: How about Nana's garden?
M: Great idea! (Nana didn't think so).

3 comments:

mama said...

nana might have a hissy fit if you drop off 3 hungry critters... but ayda's right! keep those suckers away from our house!

Anonymous said...

I think they would like to live at the Orono Landfill - or be buried by their cousins in Melanie's backyard.

Anonymous said...

Too funny for your britches, Ayda Sue! And smart!!
Aunt Sal