Friday, August 28, 2009

"Pinocky!"



Last night, after a very entertaining dinner out with Nana, Papa, Mimi, we (John, Ayda, and I) came home to settle in for the night. Ayda had had a late nap, so naturally, she wasn't very tired at her normal bed time. We decided to snuggle up on the couch and watch a little T.V. before bed. As I was surfing through the channels for something 'toddler appropriate' but not mind numbing for John and I, I came upon Disney's Pinocchio. It was already 1/2 hour into the movie, but Ayda didn't care. She LOVED the movie! Every time there was a commercial she would say, "Mama, where's Pinocky?" or "Mama, I want Pickono!"
She watched the WHOLE movie and didn't go to bed until 10 o'clock! It was late, but I just couldn't bare to pull her away from a Disney classic.
She's still asking me for Pinocky this morning...

-Mama

2 comments:

Mimi said...

...or Pickonose as she said to me on the phone today. too cute!

MimiS. said...

You have got to watch out for those old classic Disney movies , though.Last fall when Brady inherited a Dumbo the Elephant costume to wear for Halloween - I thought I was being a good Grandmother and sent out the Disney Dumbo the Elephant DVD. I got a very flustered telephone call the next week from Ashley scolding me for exposing Brady to animal abuse situations and, drunken carnival characters .Live and learn- glad Ayda survived the abandonment issues of Pinnochio!