Monday, February 11, 2008

Swimming Fiasco!

I thought it would be fun to take Ayda to the pool at the new Rec Center on campus this weekend. They have a great kiddie pool that is only a foot deep with a fun, non threatening fountain in the middle. Ayda loved going in the pool with Jennie and John this summer and I thought she'd love it. I thought wrong.

Nana and I got her undressed and put on some plastic pants. Nana carried her into the kiddie pool and to our amazement she cried. I tried to take her into the other end of the pool while Nana swam around in the whirlpool. Ayda clung to me like her life depended on it. I dipped her little toes in the water and she screamed.

Some more kids came in to go swimming so I took Ayda back to the kiddie pool, thinking she'd like to watch the other kids. Nana splashed her by accident and she howled. What happened to the little water monkey from the summer? Amazed and disappointed we put her clothes back on and Ayda delighted herself by slapping and touching the faux wood picnic table located at the edge of the pool -- big crocodile tears still resting on her cheeks.

What a party pooper!

mimi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, every party neede a pooper.

--- said...

Does this mean that Ayda wouldn't like some swimming gear for her birthday? Come on, Ayda, you can always use a pair of water wings and a cute new pair of baby sunglasses! Love, Uncle Jeff and Jamie