Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Yurt again, yurt again, jiggity-jig


So it was back to the Yurt at Great Pond in Aurora for the second year in a row...but this time was a little different than last time. As you can see from the old post, it was quite a bit colder this time! As a matter of fact, I spent a LOT of time in my snowsuit! But I didn't care- I was just happy to be somewhere new and exciting. And to wear my new winter hat- isn't it adorable?!
Inside that little yurt is a set of bunk beds, a futon, a little table and two chairs, a little propane heater, two side tables, and MY crib! All that in that tiny house! Can you believe it? All that stuff, plus Mama, Daddy, and I AND the two doggies.
The first night I slept like a good girl in my own crib in a blanket and snowsuit cocoon :) I was toasty warm, even though Daddy said it dropped below 20 degrees. Brr!
The second night I decided to shake things up a bit and try to sleep in Mama and Daddy's bed with them! Well, sleep may not be the best word... more like use them as human jungle gyms! Yippee!




Speaking of new and exciting, check out this great thing called a head lamp! If this isn't the coolest thing ever, I don't know what is. I just couldn't put it down.



Even though it was chilly, it was also really pretty. We took a walk and looked at all the colorful leaves- they smelled so good. Marley and Roxy even let me walk them all by myself...



... and Daddy and I climbed some big rocks. Whew! That was hard work!



The view from our campsite wasn't too shabby either. The water was so calm and the steamyness in the morning made it look so inviting. Mama assured me that it was NOT warm enough for a dip- party pooper.



When we were all done with our adventure it was time to pack up. I was a very good helper and did my part to help load up the truck with Daddy.



We had so much fun on our 'mini' vacation. I hope we do it again next year... except maybe when it's not so cold.

xoxo Ayda

No comments: